December 6

Hmm. Somehow I didn't take any pictures of Caleb or Daisy yesterday or today. I'll blame it on busy-ness. I did take a picture of their St. Nicholas Day gifts, though. Since we can't have candy or sweet treats, we bent the tradition a little bit. Caleb and Daisy woke up to find these outside their bedroom doors:
Each one got a new pair of slippers and some Christmas jammies.

Practical, and still fun! 

I didn't get to see them discover their goodies, but when I woke up both kiddos were happily running around in their new slippers. Throughout the day today, Caleb would say, "My feet are cold!" and run to get his funny monster slippers. Daisy's look like Muppet feet, and are really funny.

In other news, I did Daisy's two-month GAPS diet weigh-in today. It's actually two days shy of two months, but I had a chance so I took it.
On October 8, my bathroom scale said she weighed 18.6 pounds.
On November 8, it said she weighed 19.4 pounds.
On December 6, she weighed 19.8 pounds.

Not too shabby! I mean, it's not the dramatic weight gain we saw last month, but it's better than nothing! As long as this GAPS diet has her gaining weight, we'll keep it up. But I have to say... 
I miss bread. 
I miss potatoes. 
I miss "normal" food.
I miss easy food. 
Nothing about this is easy.
I'm almost anxious for the diet to run its course and stop being helpful, or for Daisy to reach the point where she's healthy and normal and has no more healing to do, so that we can drop this diet. But right now, it's working. That makes it worth all of the effort and the learning curve and the not being able to eat what everyone else is eating.

Except that I really miss bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment