December 4

Daisy is 19 months old today!
That means she's officially closer to two than she is to one. Today I asked her if she was my big girl, and at first she agreed. Then she realized what she had said and corrected me, "Baby!"

So she's still a baby. But not for long.

The kids took short naps today, so I gave them each a hair cut (Caleb's turned out a bit shorter than I had hoped in the front, and Daisy's was just a little mullet trim) and then asked if I could take some Christmas pictures of them. You know, since it's December 4 and all and I should probably have a Christmas card to send out...

Ever the negotiator, Caleb replied, "Can I paint?"
I responded, "Yes, but after we take pictures."
Caleb: "How about I paint first, then we take pictures?"
Since I knew that he'd be grouchy and uncooperative if I didn't let him win this time, I caved.

He really enjoyed his painting.

Then, Daisy practiced her picture smile. 
I know I just showed you this yesterday, but this face never gets old.

And girl is so happy when she makes silly faces!

Then, because I'm a suuuppper nice mommy, I let Caleb play with the "Toddler Lock" app on my phone. It's a kid-friendly painting app that makes noises and shapes and prevents them from accessing any other part of the phone.

And then we took pictures.

Did you think I would show them to you? Nope. We got some good ones, but I'm holding out until our family's Christmas tree hunt this Sunday to see if we get any keepers then. In the meantime, you'll just have to wait.

1 comment: