July 16

Today was a busy day! I had an early-morning photo session, then Caleb had his final swim meet of the season (a big deal meet, against all of the other teams in the conference!), then another photo session, then a "grown-up party" at a friend's house.

Chris and I left the house at about the same time, me to my first photo session and him with all four kids to the swim meet. On my way back from the session, I stopped by a local bakery to pick up treats for the kids (and myself, and Chris). Then I headed to the meet, which was held at a high school's natatorium.

Daisy was thrilled with the emoji macaron I got for her.

As was Princess Lily. Don't you love the way she dresses and accessorizes for a decidedly un-fancy event? (I almost typed "excessorizes", which, while technically not a word, really should be, especially in reference to something like Lily's 23 bracelets on one arm.)

Eli shared Daddy's peanut butter monster cookie. This might be one of my new favorite pictures of him. Those curls!

Soon it was time for Caleb's event! Can you tell he was excited?

The stands were crowded, but we managed to find a good spot to watch Caleb's first race. He ended up swimming the 25 back, 25 breast, and 25 free.

Almost time!

Can you see Caleb down there by the door, waiting his turn?

Freestyle!

After the race, we went back to the swimmers' area to congratulate him and deliver his macaron.

That's one happy boy!
(It's also a boy with cow fingernails. At practice on Thursday, all of the swimmers painted their fingernails to look like cows, in honor of their team mascot. Even Daisy and Lily are sporting cow nails!)

Then I took the little ones home for lunch and naps, while Chris stayed up at the pool with Caleb.

Caleb is in that line somewhere, waiting for his next race.

Oh! There he is!

Backstroke is Caleb's favorite stroke. He ended up getting 8th place in this event, out of nearly 20 boys! He was disqualified in breast stroke, because he accidentally started the race swimming freestyle. Oops!

The conference meet was a long day, but it was such a good thing for Caleb, and such a fun way to finish off his first swim season!

No comments:

Post a Comment