July 13

Caleb's swim team season is winding down, so today's practice was a fun one: Bring a Cow day.

I have forgotten to encourage Caleb to participate in other fun days (Hat Day, Rubber Ducky Day, Olympics Day), but I was on it for this one. Caleb grabbed a plain white t-shirt and I helped him draw cow spots on it and write his team name. Then, in a stroke of brilliance, I remembered Caleb's Halloween Costume when he was one:
Yep. He was a cow. He was nearly 16 months, and just starting to walk really well. It was the cutest thing! Amazingly, I was able to find the costume and it fit 17.5-month-old Eli perfectly! The warm fleece of the fabric wasn't exactly appropriate for the heat of July, but we made do.

I know. Cutest thing ever, right? And the face he's making? He's saying, "MOO!"
(Actually both boys are.)

I love how proud Caleb looks! He was really pleased with his cow shirt and cow brother; in fact, the coach told him that he won the contest for best cow and gave him a special treat!

Someone brought a cow bubble machine, and all of the 10 and under kids were totally pumped.

MOO! 
This swim team has been so good for Caleb!

And then we took the costume off, because it was HOT!

Much, much later, Eli and I sat on the front porch and watched storms roll in.  
It was lovely.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! That is the best cow anyone could have brought! That looks like so much fun to be a part of that swim team :):)

    ReplyDelete