April 4

Today involved Chris handling primary childcare duties, me spending the bulk of my time in the kitchen handling food, and an egg hunt. It was busy and lovely.

Eli continued to be cheerful and relaxed, just like he was most of the day yesterday. Last night he slept well, waking twice to nurse for about 20 minutes. You know, like normal babies do. He slept until 8:30 this morning, and was very cooperative for Chris while I went grocery shopping and spent all morning in the kitchen. Over the course of the day, I made a meal for some friends who just had a baby, and prepared our dinner for tomorrow night, baked two batches of Peeps stuffed brownies, and made a strawberry pie. 

What? There's a fox in my kitchen? Oh no!

I took a break from my cooking and meal prep for our neighborhood Easter egg hunt.

Caleb and Daisy were ready!

Lily was pretty ambivalent about the whole thing.

Chris gave her a quick pep talk, though, and she was good to go.

Go, Lily! Grab those eggs!

She did surprisingly well.

Then it was time for the bigger kids to do their egg hunt. 
Caleb was excited and knew just what to do. He took off running for eggs. (That's him in the white t-shirt and blue sleeves.)

Daisy, meanwhile, just stood there. I kept telling her to pick up some of the eggs that were lying right at her feet, but she wouldn't do it. She wanted me to pick the eggs up for her, and was pretty peeved when I wouldn't do it. Eventually I convinced her to pick up three eggs.

The aftermath: 
Caleb was basking in the glow of a successful egg hunt.
Daisy was totally annoyed that she only got three eggs, and that she had to bend over to pick them up.
Lily still seems confused by the whole thing.

And Eli? He snoozed the whole time. What a good baby.

There was an adorable girl dressed as the Easter Bunny, and Caleb really wanted his picture taken with her, but he kept chickening out. Finally, he decided he was ready. She was really sweet about it, and even gave him a special egg for being so brave.

We got so caught up in everything that I forgot about Lily, who was strapped in the BOB. Then I heard her saying, "Mess! Mess!"
Yep. She had chocolate everywhere, and she was not happy about it. Funny girl.

Then naps, I delivered food to friends, Chris and Caleb played baseball in the driveway while the girls slept, and Caleb got 102 home runs.

After dinner, I finally hemmed a piece of linen fabric I've been hoarding for a while. Once it was done, Lily was eager to help me try out my new wrap. 
I know it just looks like a piece of burlap, but it's actually a surprisingly smooth piece of linen that is flecked with gold. Lily was so happy to be on my back, and didn't want to get down. One of the things I love so much about babywearing is that my kiddos love it, too. I started wearing them for convenience, and now it's more convenient for me to wear Eli and make Lily walk. But she reminded me tonight that she really enjoys being on my back, even if it's not necessary. And I enjoy the extra snuggles, even if it is sometimes a bit more work.

And tonight, Eli showed us that the magic of his CFT work yesterday has worn off. He is back to his usual fussy self. Still, it was lovely while it lasted.

1 comment: