November 30

Can you tell that I'm trying to make up for my slacking last week by posting every day this week? Today I'm making up for it even more by posting a bazillion pictures. 

My mom reminded me that we probably shouldn't take Daisy to church today, since she had a fever yesterday and she's still fighting what I think is an ear infection. So we stayed home, I slept in, and Chris made peanut butter chocolate chip pancakes. Yum. But since the forecast was for a high in the mid-60s, we knew we couldn't sit around inside all day and be lazy, so off to the Garden we went!

(side note: Daisy was so sad to miss church today, and when I told her we were going to the Garden, she said, "No, Mommy. I have to stay home. I have a ear affection." Funny girl.)

The Garden is all decorated right now for their annual holiday lights display. We hope to visit sometime this month to see it all lit up at night, but in the meantime the kids enjoyed the decorations in the daylight. Daisy was so excited about this field of red trees with ornaments, and when I asked if I could take her picture, she was exceptionally cooperative.

Daisy pronounced this a "very good picture."

She was so excited! Also, I love that she chose to wear a dress, tights, and running shoes, even though we didn't go to church today. Normally she only wants to wear dresses to church.

We moved on to the Japanese Garden to feed the fish. Unfortunately, the fish were pretty sluggish today, probably due to the cold water temperature. But the kids still enjoyed throwing food into the water, even if no fish ate it. 

Look at my darlings, all lined up in a row!

Caleb climbed up on the side of the bridge and said, "Look, Mommy! I'm almost as tall as you now! Am I like a teenager?" The thought of my boy someday being a teenager caused an involuntary reaction - I just had to snuggle him close. Luckily, my boy likes snuggles. (Daisy saw this picture and said, "Mommy, you need to do that to me next time we feed the fish!" I guess she wants a picture just like this of me snuggling her.)

Lily spent most of her time in the Ergo on Chris' back, but he put her down to feed the fish. She was in her element when we had the bridge all to ourselves and she could run back and forth to her heart's content.

Caleb was feeling bold (perhaps due to the Batman shirt and cape) and jumped across the stepping stones all by himself.

Not to be outdone by her brother, Daisy did it too. She's becoming such a big girl!

Ear infection? What ear infection?
(This is why I'm not super concerned about taking her in to see the doctor. For the most part, she's fine. Plus, she's fighting all of my attempts at treating it naturally, so I know she'd be just as difficult about any medication the doctor might prescribe. Unless it involves a delicious-tasting medicine. Then she might cooperate. Maybe.)

Now that he's in school all day, Caleb doesn't get to come to the Garden as much as the girls and I do. It's a shame, because he loves it here!

I know. Cutest thing ever.

Garden all to ourselves. Lovely.

After long naps and dinner, we finally set out to decorate our Christmas tree. Daisy has been asking to do this for days, so she was particularly excited. 
Lily was so eager to help, even though she lacks the fine motor skills to actually help. Also, all of our ornaments are shatterproof. 

The star!

I almost deleted this photo, until I noticed where Lily was. Do you see her under Chris' chair? I think it's just hilarious.

Christmas trees, Christmas jammies, and Christmas music on the radio. I love it.

I know, I know. How many photos can I share of them putting ornaments on the tree? I'll stop soon.

The kids posed themselves like this, which I thought was pretty cute. Not my first choice, but they were so pleased with themselves that we went for it.

And tomorrow is December! Happy Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment