December 3

It was something like 75 degrees today - just plain insane for December. We had an errand to run this morning, and it happened to take us near a fun new park. Of course I couldn't resist, and we had a fun time playing and exploring. Daisy was a little shoeless ragamuffin (she just wouldn't keep them on, so I quit trying), but she rocked the slides - even the big kid ones! - and wowed me with her ability to walk up stairs with just one hand on a hand rail. What a big girl!

I was smart enough to bring a lunch, so I was convinced that the fresh air, sunshine, exercise, and 25-minute drive home would be the perfect combination for the kids to fall asleep in the car and take nice, long naps.

Wrong.

Both kids were wide awake when we got home; Daisy only took a ninety-minute nap (compared to her normal three hours), and Caleb didn't nap at all. BOO.

Of course, we had to spend more time outside in the afternoon, and then I finally took some pictures. (After our trip to see Santa on Saturday, I have decided I'm no longer willing to lug around the big ol' diaper bag and big ol' camera unless I have a really good reason. Playtime at the park was super-cute, and several times I wished I had my camera, but I'm still much too lazy to lug it around.)

Caleb has a newfound interest in hockey. Chris says he's actually pretty good. However, my child will never (NEVER) play ice hockey. This mama is too neurotic and cares too much about his precious face and teeth and brain. (Not that ice hockey damaged my wonderful husband's face or teeth or brain, but still...)

I still can't get over this girl walking around like it's no big deal. She was a non-walker for so long that it still gives me a little thrill every time I see it. (And no, the helmet is not for just walking around. I'm not that neurotic. Close - see above - but not quite. She was riding her bicycle.) Also, I'm in love with her new dress. It was a hand-me-down from another MOPS mama, and it is so sweet!

Then Daisy realized I was taking pictures of her, and she flashed me a grin.

Then, her trademark silly face. This one always reminds me of that funny old black and white picture of the old man pulling his lower lip over his nose... do you remember it? I spent much too long Googling to find a picture of it for you, but it seems to not exist on the internet. But trust me - it looks like this.

Then I showed Daisy the picture of her silly face, and she was quite pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment