August 2

Today Chris and I celebrated 8 years of marriage!

I realize this is Caleb's blog, but hey - Caleb wouldn't be here if it weren't for our 8 years of marriage. So I'll talk about our anniversary.

We had a fun day today. Caleb spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out my glasses:


After several unsuccessful attempts to wear them, he decided chewing them was sufficient.

Later, we took a family trip to the park where Chris and I were married.

It was really hot.

Chris and I were definitely foolish 21-year-olds to get married outdoors in August.

At the park, we visited one of my favorite trees, which is really big and really old. I think it will be a new tradition for us to visit it for a photo every year, because I love the contrast between little Caleb and big tree. It seems like it would be a fun way to chart his growth. (Until the big old tree dies and becomes mulch. Then it will be sad.)



We're so thankful for how blessed we've been during the past eight years. I can't wait to see what the future holds!

2 comments:

  1. you guys are like a fairy tale... albeit, a realistic and adventurous and sometimes chaotic one with a child! congrats! many more!! wooo hooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what wonderful pictures! I wish I was better about documenting important days like this. You should definitely frame the black and white tree one and display at home.

    love you!!

    ReplyDelete