August 16

After 1.5 years of home schooling, my kids are back in public school. I am mostly ok with this decision, because I feel like it is the right thing for us in this season of life. But when I think about how hard it will be for them to adjust and adapt and meet new people and make new friends, I worry a bit. At first, they were not happy with the change. Today, however, they were all smiles and very excited. I think Daisy's anxiety eased when she toured the school and met her teacher. She went from being nervous to being excited!


I had big plans to take pictures of them on the front porch and at the bus stop, and to pray over them at the bus stop because the bus is always late on the first day. But then Eli's newly potty training self messed up our plans. Right when it was time to go, he had a potty accident and I had to clean him up. We ended up rushing to the bus stop, where - shockingly - the bus was right on time. 

My big third grader and first grader!

Lily was a bundle of emotions: sad to see them go, excited for them, sad that she didn't get to go to preschool yet...

And then the bus was there!


Daisy was so brave! No tears, no fussing, just ready.

Caleb, too. 
And then they were off! I loaded the kids in to the BOB and we walked to a friend's house about a mile away for a morning playdate. Having only the younger two at home felt so light and lovely and easy.

Chris had a work golf event today, so he was able to be home in time to get the kids off the bus. The skies were looking ominous, so he brought umbrellas for everyone. 

We all wanted to wait, but the bus was nearly 30 minutes late and the rain began coming down in earnest, so I took the little two home and left Chris to wait with an umbrella for himself and one for each kid.

Welcome home, darlings!
The kids ate all of their lunches, loved their teachers, and had  great day. What a relief!

1 comment:

  1. yay! Oh I would be sobbing with how sweet they were looking back as they got on the bus!

    ReplyDelete