August 15

It starts today.
Today was Meet the Teacher day for Lily's preschool and Caleb and Daisy's school.
(Don't worry; this funny little guy still gets to stay home with me. Until next year, when Lily is in kindergarten and he starts preschool. OH MY GOODNESS WHEN DID MY BABIES GET SO OLD????)

(He even has a mustache! See? He's a grown man. OH MY GOODNESS WHEN DID MY BABIES GET SO OLD????)

(Also, he's wearing underwear, not a diaper. He decided today that he was done with diapers.  OH MY GOODNESS WHEN DID MY BABIES GET SO OLD????)

Lily's Meet the Teacher event was in the morning, and I brought all four kids to visit Ms. Amy's classroom. Since Caleb and Daisy are both former students of hers, it wasn't a big deal. The kids had so much fun, and Lily is so excited! Each kiddo brought their teacher a little jar of caramel M&Ms. The chalkboard lid on the jar said, "Have a SWEET first day!" They were so excited to give their teachers their little gift!

Caleb and Daisy's Meet the Teacher event was from 2:30-3:30. It was a seriously inconvenient time, but thankfully Chris' mom was willing to come stay at home with napping Lily and Eli while I took my big kids to their new school. I brought my big camera, but I was strictly forbidden from taking pictures. Daisy's teacher is a cute blonde who is in her fifth year of teaching, but her first year of teaching first grade. Daisy already adores her.
Caleb's teacher is a man with a grizzled beard and 22 years of teaching experience. I think Caleb will do really well with a teacher like this!
They let me take one picture on the way out:
My sweet little tigers!

I promised them a special treat on our way home, so we stopped at Bread Co. Caleb chose a M&M cookie, Daisy chose a chocolate croissant, and we got an iced latte for Gayle. The worker asked if we wanted to add a flavor to the iced latte, and Caleb suggested lime. 
Unfortunately, they only had vanilla, caramel, and chocolate.

We chose vanilla.

Tomorrow I will send these babies off to school!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Fun. Mom does like lime stuff, good thinking Caleb :)

    ReplyDelete