January 25

Do people even blog anymore?
It has been two and a half years since I last posted here. I didn't miss it for a long time, but lately I've been feeling the urge to dust this space out and fill it up with new news and new stories. I can't promise I'll stick with it - good intentions and all that - but I think I might try for now. Not daily, for sure. But maybe every once in a while? 

The Fete de Glace is an ice festival that seems to happen right around Eli's birthday each year. I first remember attending it on Eli's 2nd birthday. Bigger kids = more hectic weekends, but Chris and I chose to skip Eli's nap (yes, he still naps!) so that we could visit the festival as a family. I'm glad we did.

The kids really liked this dragon ice sculpture.

But this Pikachu ski ball ice sculpture was the clear winner in their minds, and such a clever concept!

#momlife
They always want me to hold their trash!

Lily's outfit cracks me up. She loves bright things and colorful things and hearts and rainbows and looks completely like a bag lady.

He's a gargoyle. Obviously.

My four babies. They are now 10, 8, 6, and nearly 5. I'm not sure how that happened.

They each found a star that was their height, but didn't want to cooperate for the picture. Kids, man.

And then we went home and Chris got to work finishing a project that has been gathering dust for nearly as long as this blog!  
The girls finally have a window seat in their bedroom, and I am thrilled. Lily sat on top of the seat to provide counterpressure while Chris screwed it in place. She's clearly delighted about the window seat, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment