June 4

After a pretty busy week, I was thrilled that today was movie day. My hope was that I would be able to accomplish things while the children vegged out in front of a film.

Not so much.

I made the mistake of letting the kids choose a PG movie at the library yesterday. (I put my foot down when Caleb desperately wanted to get the new PG-13 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, though.) I figured PG would be fine; after all, they watch Star Wars all the time with no issues.
Wrong.
Daisy spent half the time screaming and crying and needing reassurance because the cartoon bad guys in Penguins of Madagascar were too scary. Lesson learned. Next time, we'll stick to G.

I did manage to work through a few simple sewing projects and prepare dinner for a friend who just had a baby. And the kids and I spent a considerable amount of time on the front porch, watching a pretty impressive rain storm.

Blurry picture of porch time.

Eli and I tried out carry #4 of our 30-day challenge: Short Cross Carry with a ring finish. I liked it quite a bit, and it was a good carry for my new, shorter wrap.

Eli got annoyed shortly after this picture was taken. I love his bright eyes in this picture, but I'm distracted by my arm (I may need a selfie stick. Or a photo timer on my phone. Apparently newer iPhones have photo timers; mine definitely does not.) and Caleb's leg sticking out of Eli's bottom.

As soon as Chris got home from work, I handed Eli to him and began loading the van with food for Jessica and her sweet baby Margot. But Eli looked so sweet with Chris that I had to stop and take a picture.
Eli was grinning at me, until I picked the camera up. Oh well.

I returned home to a very tired and happy boy. Chris gave Eli a quick bath and handed him off to me to work my magic. 
There was no magic tonight. Evenings are hard at this age! I think I remember that we had routine for Caleb at this age and he went to bed well, but every child after that has had a rough time with late evening and bedtime. But the big ones all sleep now, so I know Eli will eventually sleep, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment